Published: October 8, 2019
Mr. Nowinski writes:
- Visited 3 physics classrooms at Potomac Falls High School, Sterling, VA to discuss spectroscopy, infrared astronomy, and other topics. Shared my experiences at NITARP. Also, brought the SDSS plate I received at AAS ;).
- Visited 4 physics classrooms at Academy of Science, Leesburg, VA to discuss asteroids, spectroscopy, infrared astronomy, and other topics. Shared my experiences at NITARP. Also, brought the SDSS plate I received at AAS ;).
- After my return from AAS last January, I spent some time talking with my managers at Boeing about my experience with NITARP. We discussed STEM outreach opportunities in the local community. Like all things big company, this is still slow in materializing.
- Hosted an Asteroid Day celebration at Boeing, Herndon, VA. Also, threw in a few slides about my experiences with NITARP!
- Talk non-stop to whoever will listen about the NITARP program and how the experience has energized my passion for astronomy education and research, as well as making me aware of just what high school students (and teachers!) are capable of doing.